Storage Resource Management
Your organization has become ever more reliant on digital data storage, and your users have an expectation to reliable access and availability to these data stores. As your data storage platform grows and becomes spread across a variety of storage utilities, ranging from local disk storage devices, NAS or SAN type storage devices, to cloud-based storage solutions, the tools to manage any variety of these storage solutions can be time consuming, complicated, and cumbersome.
Black Box can provide custom programming and application development to enhance these tools to give you more control over, and better compartmentalize or operate your storage devices.
Why It’s Valuable and How It’s Beneficial
As your organization’s data storage needs grow and change, it is important to continuously evaluate your storage management platform. Having the appropriate tools to manage your data storage platform can enhance your ability to create or monitor data stores, or alert you of data store failure or potential failure, all while reducing the time costs when dealing with storage.
Black Box can work with you to provide custom software solutions built to address your exact needs to address shortcomings of your data storage platform. Providing a custom solution can create significant monetary gains by reducing the time cost of managing their storage platforms.
What You Purchase and Receive
The Storage Resource Management service provides you with the following development, reports, documentation, source materials, consulting, and implementations:
- Software development for creating, integrating, or building upon the following technologies: enterprise storage, hierarchical storage management (HSM), network-attached storage (NAS), storage resource management (SRM), storage area network (SAN), online (cloud) storage, backups, archiving, and disaster recovery (DR)
- Complete code base containing all design and implementation source code
- Source code used for corresponding unit testing
- Software Verification and Validation Report (SVVR): A report containing the results of the verification and validation testing, which provides a full breakdown of the verified correctness and completion of all core requirements within corresponding specification and design documentation.
- Software and User Documentation: Written text that accompanies computer software that explains how the software operates, how it is used, and acts as the user manual for system administrators and support staff.
How Much It Will Cost
The cost of our Storage Resource Management service is determined based on your deadlines and expectations, and the amount of time and effort necessary to provide the deliverables guaranteed by our service level expectations.
How We Will Work Together
All research materials, information, and documentation will be maintained, compiled, and stored by Programming and Application Services, and directly accessible over secure channels or through Black Box secure systems. Private Black Box accounts are created and assigned to our clients as soon as work begins, providing them with limited access to information and documentation related to ongoing design and development requiring client feedback or input.