Data Conversion, Translation, and Migration
Your organization has data that flows in and out of your systems continuously. Receiving, interpreting, parsing, translating, and submitting data from one system to another is a vital part of your organizations daily business processes. Whether you are migrating data from outdated systems, or translating data received from an external service, you may have to rely on manual efforts to reformat the data before it is usable in your systems. Black Box can design and integrate systems for your users in these scenarios that can greatly improve the manual process, if not remove it altogether.
Why It’s Valuable and How It’s Beneficial
Introducing an automated system to handle data conversions, translations, or migrations creates a reliable exchange of data between systems. As these systems usually export or import data in well defined formats, an automated system will abide by these formats consistently, thus reducing human introduced errors in the process. Users of the system will notice a vast improvement in operational efficiency.
The manual process of converting, translating, or migrating data is antiquated and slow. By utilizing a custom solution to integrate data between systems, data exchange will happen rapidly and reliably. An automated system also has the advantage of working continuously, and in the background, allowing users to focus on tasks that require their manual efforts.
What You Purchase and Receive
The Data Conversion, Translation, and Migration service provides you with the following development, reports, documentation, source materials, and implementations:
- Software development for creating, integrating, or building upon the following technologies: data conversion, data transformations, data migration, and transcoding
- Complete code base containing all design and implementation source code
- Source code used for corresponding unit testing
- Software Verification and Validation Report (SVVR): A report containing the results of the verification and validation testing, which provides a full breakdown of the verified correctness and completion of all core requirements within corresponding specification and design documentation.
- Software and User Documentation: Written text that accompanies computer software that explains how the software operates, how it is used, and acts as the user manual for system administrators and support staff.
How Much It Will Cost
The cost of our Data Conversion, Translation, and Migration service is determined based on your deadlines and expectations, and the amount of time and effort necessary to provide the deliverables guaranteed by our service level expectations.
How We Will Work Together
All research materials, information, and documentation will be maintained, compiled, and stored by Programming and Application Services, and directly accessible over secure channels or through Black Box secure systems. Private Black Box accounts are created and assigned to our clients as soon as work begins, providing them with limited access to information and documentation related to ongoing design and development requiring client feedback or input.
J.Craig is a high-end shoe retailer who was looking to expand their online storefront offerings. They had a daily process that required a person to login into several of their distributor websites to obtain accurate quantity and availability information. They had to take the presented data from each site, and transcribe it into their daily spreadsheets. The information in these spreadsheets was then used to manually update their existing Amazon, Shopify, and Ebay storefronts.