Big Data and Analytics
The information age gives businesses of all kinds access to big data that’s growing in volume, variety, velocity and complexity. With more data coming from more sources faster than ever, the question is: what is your big data strategy? How are you combining new and existing data sources to make better decisions about your business? How could new data sources including social, sensors, location and video help improve your business performance? Will your big data remain dormant or will you make it work for you?
Big data analysis is the process of examining large data sets containing a variety of data types to uncover hidden patterns, unknown correlations, market trends, customer preferences, and other useful business information. Big data platforms, systems, and analytics engines automate these processes and provide the tools and interfaces that allow users to better understand and interact with big data through predictive analyses, data mining techniques, text analytics, statistical analyses, data visualizations, and data relationship identification techniques.
Why It’s Valuable and How It’s Beneficial
Analytical findings often lead to more effective marketing, new revenue opportunities, better customer service, improved operational efficiency, competitive advantages over rival organizations, and other business benefits. The most significant advantage of big data analytics engines, platforms, and systems, however, is providing companies with the ability to make better informed data-driven decisions.
Black Box will work to help you bring order to your big data. With proven expertise and thought leadership in this realm’s current and emerging technologies, our team of researchers, engineers, and developers will help you define, design, and implement the systems you need in order to manage and understand your data. By relying on Black Box to meet your expectations and provide guaranteed deliverables, you also avoid common pitfalls, such as the high cost of staffing experienced analytics professionals and initiatives that fail outright due to a lack of internal analytics skills and experience.
What You Purchase and Receive
The Big Data and Analytics service provides you with the following development, reports, documentation, source materials, and implementations:
- Software development for creating, integrating, or building upon the following technologies: data fusion, data integration, genetic algorithms, machine learning, natural language processing, signal processing, simulation, time series analysis, visualization, massively parallel-processing databases, search-based applications, data mining, clustered file systems, distributed databases, and cloud computing infrastructures.
- Complete code base containing all design and implementation source code.
- Source code used for corresponding unit testing.
- Software Verification and Validation Report (SVVR): A report containing the results of the verification and validation testing, which provides a full breakdown of the verified correctness and completion of all core requirements within corresponding specification and design documentation.
- Software and User Documentation: Written text that accompanies computer software that explains how the software operates, how it is used, and acts as the user manual for system administrators and support staff.
How Much It Will Cost
The cost of our Big Data and Analytics service is determined based on your deadlines and expectations, and the amount of time and effort necessary to provide the deliverables guaranteed by our service level expectations.
How We Will Work Together
All research materials, information, and documentation will be maintained, compiled, and stored by Programming and Application Services, and directly accessible over secure channels or through Black Box secure systems. Private Black Box accounts are created and assigned to our clients as soon as work begins, providing them with limited access to information and documentation related to ongoing design and development requiring client feedback or input.