Physical to Virtual Digitization
One of the most daunting tasks for any business is the digitization of their products or records. When you’ve got years and mountains of company assets, such as documents or images, it can be incredibly time-consuming to convert them to digital formats.
We can help you achieve this, and ensure that it’s done the right way. A common misconception of “asset digitization” is that this merely entails scanning and loading documents or images to a computer. While this may make them digital in the strictest definition, without proper cataloging and definition you haven’t saved yourself any work or time. What if you could actually edit those documents online? Create new ones? Change their very structure and formatting? Even choose how much information to be displayed based on who’s currently viewing it?
Besides documents, your other company assets - such as logos and letterheads - may exist but only in low resolution, raster formats. Without proper, vector versions of your valuable branding materials the creation of additional, quality marketing resources is greatly limited. We can help you identify what formats you have, what formats you need, and our design team can even generate the content for you.
Why It’s Valuable and How It’s Beneficial
Having a digital version of your assets provides enumerable benefits. A few highlights:
- Typically, highly reduced cost in physical space for storage.
- Backups can be created and maintained with much more efficiency.
- Modern formats open a bevy of conversion options, giving you increased flexibility.
- Security can be more directly and confidently controlled through modern data encryption and security practices, keeping your information safer.
- Sharing and collaboration on an entirely different level, thanks to a degree of interactivity and accessibility impossible through purely analog formats.
What You Purchase and Receive
The Physical to Virtual Digitization service provides you with the following development, reports, documentation, source materials, and implementations:
- Software development for creating, integrating, or building upon the following technologies: document conversion, data transformations, and data wrangling
- Complete code base containing all design and implementation source code
- Source code used for corresponding unit testing
- Software Verification and Validation Report (SVVR): A report containing the results of the verification and validation testing, which provides a full breakdown of the verified correctness and completion of all core requirements within corresponding specification and design documentation.
- Software and User Documentation: Written text that accompanies computer software that explains how the software operates, how it is used, and acts as the user manual for system administrators and support staff.
How Much It Will Cost
The cost of our Physical to Virtual Digitization service is determined based on your deadlines and expectations, and the amount of time and effort necessary to provide the deliverables guaranteed by our service level expectations
How We Will Work Together
All research materials, information, and documentation will be maintained, compiled, and stored by Programming and Application Services, and directly accessible over secure channels or through Black Box secure systems. Private Black Box accounts are created and assigned to our clients as soon as work begins, providing them with limited access to information and documentation related to ongoing design and development requiring client feedback or input.
The quantity of assets properly converted to digital formats, as well as the level of interactivity gained or maintained, is our measure of success when it comes to asset digitization. We can work with you to establish what these targets are and convert that into meaningful deliverables.
Until now online monument designers could only create color pictures, which must be redrawn by CAD artists at your manufacturer. Design Mart has removed the unnecessary wait for approval drawings to be returned to the retailer by allowing you to create a color image, which can actually be a production-ready CAD file for cutting sandblast stencil. Another unique feature is the ability to change and display the side and top of the monument rather than only displaying the front.