Web analytics is the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of web data for purposes of understanding and optimizing web usage. Web analytics is not just a process for measuring web traffic, it can also be used as a tool for business and market research, as well as to assess and improve the effectiveness of a website.
Black Box provides the Web Analytics service to businesses and organizations in need of web analytics applications or platforms, or the design, development, and integration of metrics and heuristics for use within web analytics engines.
Why It’s Valuable and How It’s Beneficial
Web analytics platforms and applications help companies measure the results of traditional print or broadcast advertising campaigns, as well as estimate how traffic to a website changes after the launch of a new advertising campaign. Web analytics provides information about the number of visitors to a website and the number of page views, and gauge traffic and popularity trends most useful for market research.
What You Purchase and Receive
The Web Analytics service provides you with the following development, reports, documentation, source materials, consulting, and implementations:
- Software development for creating, integrating, or building upon the following techniques and technologies: behavioral targeting, click analytics, geolocation, geotargeting, marketing funnels, page tagging, personalization, website localization, website optimization, web mining, and web server log file analysis
- Complete code base containing all design and implementation source code
- Source code used for corresponding unit testing
- Software Verification and Validation Report (SVVR): A report containing the results of the verification and validation testing, which provides a full breakdown of the verified correctness and completion of all core requirements within corresponding specification and design documentation.
- Software and User Documentation: Written text that accompanies computer software that explains how the software operates, how it is used, and acts as the user manual for system administrators and support staff.
How Much It Will Cost
The cost of our Web Analytics service is determined based on your deadlines and expectations, and the amount of time and effort necessary to provide the deliverables guaranteed by our service level expectations.
How We Will Work Together
All research materials, information, and documentation will be maintained, compiled, and stored by Programming and Application Services, and directly accessible over secure channels or through Black Box secure systems. Private Black Box accounts are created and assigned to our clients as soon as work begins, providing them with limited access to information and documentation related to ongoing design and development requiring client feedback or input.